Sunday, May 6, 2012

21st Birthday Down Under!

Apparently in Australia, 21 is a big year. I'm not really sure why since they can drink and do everything else at 18 but I figured, when in Rome! I wasn't planning on really doing anything big for my birthday this year but after everyone told me about turning 21 being a big deal I had to do something. I got a group of my friends from University and some friends I've met through Tim as well as my roomates together to go out on the Friday before my birthday. We went to a bar called the Norfolk Hotel in Surry Hills which coincidentally also did five dollar tequila shots! Who knew.. Anyway, it was a lot of fun and it was good to get everyone together. My actual birthday was on a Tuesday which is when I have classes all day (economics followed by accounting, how fun!) but Tim took me out for dinner at my favourite sushi place in Coogee and surprised me with a trip to Perth in a couple of weeks! I haven't been anywhere on the west coast so I'm really looking forward to it. Plus, its starting to cool down a lot in Sydney as we head into winter so hopefully Perth will stay a little warmer! Here are some pictures from my 21st, they're from my phone so not the best quality!



Sophie and Hanna

Iphone flash is a little bright but thats Rachael and I

Johanna and her date, Tim and Matt


Birthday cupcake on the actual day


Sophie and I



No comments:

Post a Comment