Monday, November 5, 2012

A Canuck in Europe! Part 1

I'm sure most of you know the story by now that Tim and I were lucky enough to have a winning bid on two return flights to London at a MUCH lower cost. We decided to make it a 3 week trip through Italy, Greece and England. Our first day was in London, we landed around 6:30 in the morning and our next flight was to Venice the following day around 1 in the afternoon so we decided to cram in the tourist sightseeing things that day. Obviously Tim had seen most of the sites and I had too when I was really young but I couldn't remember much and he hadn't done a few things so it was still fun! We started out at Buckingham Palace to see the changing of the guard (by coincidence, we didn't actually know what was going on!). Next, we were going to do the London Eye but instead went to Winston Churchill's War Rooms under the Parliament Buildings. It was a really well planned museum with lots to do and see. Tim loves all that war-stuff (like most guy I guess) and I actually found it really interesting. However I made the very un-wise decision of wearing boots with heels after getting swollen feet on the plane so I was in a LOT of pain by the end of the day. We went back to the room for a quick nap and then set out to the Comedy Store for a show. It was really funny and I recognized a few of the comedians from Whose Line is it Anyway which was cool! There was a golf match on that night, Dad/Michael/Niall help me out here, Europe versus the US? Anyway, it was a Sunday night and all the bars had to close early but a big group convinced one bar to stay open and let us all watch which was good since Europe won! We went back to the hotel after that and crashed, next stop Italy!









No comments:

Post a Comment