Monday, May 30, 2011

Roadtrip!

For Easter in Australia it was a five day weekend because of Anzac Day (kind of like our Rememberance Day) so I took the rest of the week off after and went on a roadtrip up the coast with Tim. I flew into Coffs Harbour and met him and his friends there and we set off the next day. We went to a few places I'd been on my Contiki trip that I hadn't gotten to see enough of and some places I'd missed. The first day we went to a water park near Brisbane but it absolutely poured, there were some sunny parts but when we were leaving we got absolutely drenched.

After a mad dash to the car!
After a few nights out on the way back to Sydney we stayed a night in Yamba, a small beach town up in norther New South Wales. I've heard about it from a few people so I figured we might as well check it out. It ended up being a lot of fun, not exactly the most exciting place but it was a nice break. We went to a movie in town and it was the smallest theatre I've ever seen. It was a small little cinema with only one screen and chairs all set up, very cute. Here's Yamba's very own cinema!





We made lots of stops along the way whenever the sun was out as it rained a lot along the way. When the sun came out and we saw a beach we would stop and soak up the sun until the rain came back. Here's some shots from our stops.




For my birthday Tim surprised me with a villa in Port Stephens for the weekend. It was a really nice weekend and we went on a dolphin watching cruise on our first day. The ironic part is that we saw more dolphins later that day at the beach then we did on the cruise. I think photos do it more justice...





And last but not least I bet you didn't know this but I actually spent my birthday in Toronto..


No comments:

Post a Comment