Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Jazz in the Vines

This past weekend Tim and I went up to Hunter Valley to go to a jazz music festival called Jazz in the Vines. I'm not that into jazz but it ended up being a lot of fun and the music was really good! It was supposed to be cloudy and rainy all weekend but Saturday, the day of the festival, was really warm and the sun ended up coming out at the end of the day. We met up with a bunch of people from Tim's work who I'd known when I was here last time and all set up blankets and chairs and drank wine and listened to music! Afterwards we went to an Irish pub down the road then headed back to our hotel.






On Sunday, Tim and I and another couple, Dean and Katie, rented some bikes and rode around to the different wineries in the region. Hunter Valley is a big wine area (specializing in Semillions and Shiraz, yup I paid attention!) so there were tons of places to go and you didn't have to go very far which was good because it started to rain halfway through the day! We went to about six wineries, and got stuck in one during a big storm. I can think of worse places to be holed up in! Afterwards we grabbed some dinner at the first winery we went to then rode home a little bit unsteadily (Yes mom and dad, of course I fell off!).  The area was gorgeous though and I definitely want to go back for more time!




Out our back door at the hotel

No comments:

Post a Comment